Fesmire Heating and Air Conditioning has been very busy with service calls. When the weather gets cold people start thinking about their furnaces but usually only when it starts giving them problems. You should service your systems every 6 months to have optimal usage and savings. Systems today are very smart and will shut themselves off if they become dirty or lack air flow from dirty air filters. We have seen several systems with dirty flame sensors and filters recently. This reduces the efficiency of the units and if not addressed may shut down the system entirely. Requiring an emergency service call, which will cost much more than if serviced as recommended.
Another major concern is carbon monoxide poisoning. We recommend carbon monoxide detectors on all homes. They are now required by law on any new systems installed. Carbon monoxide is a colorless and odorless gas that can kill. Symptoms are headaches, dizziness, disorientation, vomiting, etc. If you are asleep and the alarm sounds it is important to get out of the house and seek immediate help. We have been called to two homes just this last week to find customers without carbon monoxide detectors with their chimney’s 100% clogged with debris and they had no ventilation. The customers were very fortunate that they didn’t suffer from carbon monoxide poisoning.
The cheapest and easiest maintenance you can do yourself is to change the filters monthly, this will ensure proper air flow and your system will run at maximum efficiency. Many manufacturers warranties are void if the system is not serviced every 6 months by a qualified licensed contractor. It is easier and more cost-effective to schedule maintenance as recommended, and avoid costly outages at inopportune times, such as Christmas day.
The most important safe guard you can do to protect your family is to install a carbon monoxide detector and change the batteries every year. Carbon monoxide detectors should be replaced every 7 years to ensure your safety.
Fesmire Heating and Air Conditioning Where the owner answers the phone